The principal objective for the Academy is to strengthen its positions as a large federal and international physical culture, sport-oriented and pedagogics education center, center for students sport, science and culture, contributing to the national development, strengthening of its intellectual, moral and cultural, and sport potency of the society, strengthening of understanding between people, countries and nations.
- To upgrade professional qualification of specialists in the field of physical culture, sport and pedagogics to meet the requirements of the country’s developing innovatively.
- To meet international quality standards for education and science, to establish the scientific-educational platform for mutually beneficial international cooperation of the Russian federation with foreign countries (in the field of sport, science and culture).
- To compose technical-material, scientific, educational resources with the view to provide sport, physical culture and tourism with all the facilities necessary for its innovative development.
Three principal development priorities for 2010-2015:
- Academy as a coordinator and a principal chain of the continuing system of sport oriented and pedagogic education
- Scientific, cultural and sport international integration
- Realizing of conditions for innovative development in the fields of sport, physical culture and tourism
Such priority system will allow to have the most effective trajectory for Academy’s development in conditions of modernisation of Russian education, Strategy for development of physical culture and sport, establishing innovative economy, strengthening of intellectual, moral and cultural potential of social development.
The stated above priorities are not covering all the problems Academy is supposed to deal in the coming 5 years. They define the trends and fields of the first-run investment of the Academy’s intellectual resources, make up a system of continuing education in the fields of physical culture, sport and pedagogics, science and culture, training of top athletes, specialists and qualified scientific and teaching stuff.
Priority 1. Academy as a coordinator and a principal chain of the continuing system in the sport oriented and pedagogical education
The Priority implies meeting a number of local objectives:
1.1. With the view to establish organisational mechanisms for realisation of the continuing system in the sport oriented and pedagogical education:
- To establish the center of an innovative character for continuing system in the sport oriented and pedagogical education, effectively implementing educational programs for all the market segments, i.e. undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, qualification upgrading, training and retraining of specialists, and scientific researches in these fields.
- To establish (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tatarstan, Ministry of Youth, Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Tatarstan, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Protection of the Republic of Tatarstan) a regional system of continuing education in the field of physical culture, sport, pedagogics and science in the form of the Republican physical-culture and scientific-educational cluster on the basis of collaboration and integration with physical culture and sport educational bodies and institutions of secondary, higher and complementary professional education in the Republic of Tatarstan and in neighbouring regions.
- To establish scientific center for sport physiology and rehabilitation, center for National Teams Reserve Training with the view to provide top athletes of the region in particular and the country as a whole with the first-rate scientific and methodological assistance for the training process.
- To establish the system of monitoring and marketing researches, forecasts and analyses for specialists and athletes in accord to the actual objectives for the country’s economy, science, culture and sport development.
1.2. Effective undergraduates training and gifted youth programs
- To establish the search system for gifted young athletes with the view to have an information bank with all the data relating to the talented youngsters, representing various sports
- To develop various Olympic movement means at the Academy, stimulating pupils and students to take part in various sport competitions, conferences and festivals in the field of physical culture, sport and health-promotion.
- To establish with the view to constant up-dating an information base regarding teachers, coaches and specialists taking an active part in undergraduates training in the scientific-educational and physical culture and sport oriented cluster, masters for school educational programs.
- To stage monitoring for development in school educational programs
- To establish training and experimental platforms in nursery schools
- To upgrade and update the system for professional selection/admission in the Academy. To determine priority sports. Standard priority sports are hockey, bandy, football, volleyball, basketball, athletics, tennis, weightlifting, swimming, gymnastics, wrestling, combat wrestling, speed skating, skiing and short-track.
• To organise the net-like system in the field of the young gifted athletes activity in the framework of physical culture and sport cluster.
• Scientific-methodological assistance and guidance for the young gifted athletes search, selection and work , in particular, in the field of organisation of scientific researches at the centers established, developing and publishing of scientific-methodological literature in this field.
• To involve Academy’s students and aspirants to the gifted youth search and work process.
• To enhance collaboration with media on propaganda of healthy life-style, physical culture and sport promotion.
1.3. Integration in the fields of secondary and higher sport-oriented and pedagogical education
- To display monitoring and forecasts analyses for perspective demands of the regional labour market in the field of physical culture and sport (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tatarstan, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Protection of the Republic of Tatarstan)
- To establish the system for educational institutions personnel audit in the field of physical cultre and sport of the Republic of Tatarstan (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tatarstan, Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Protection of the Republic of Tatarstan)
- To display monitoring of jobs distribution for young specialists, sport-oriented and pedagogical secondary and higher institutions graduates (in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Protection of the Republic of Tatarstan).
- To develop and implement interconnected educational programs to support the continuity traditions of the secondary and higher professional education in the field of physical culture and sport.
- To develop and implement innovative technologies and integration forms for the secondary and higher education in the field of physical culture, sport and pedagogics with the view to combine practice and fundamental approaches for personnel training.
- To enhance and improve the quality of teaching stuff training in the field of physical culture and sport via implementing modern management systems, updating of its methodological, information, technical and material facilities.
1.4. Progress in the system of personnel training and retraining in the field of physical culture, sport and management :
- To display monitoring for demands of professional skills, opportunities, activity and quality in the field of physical culture and its managing stuff (in collaboration with the Ministries of the Republic of Tatarstan concerned)
- To establish an Institute of qualification upgrading and retraining of top management personnel in the field of physical culture and sport
- To develop and implement educational programs for qualification upgrading and professional retraining of personnel in the field of physical culture and sport management on the basis of their professional demands monitoring.
- To develop and implement innovative technologies in qualification upgrading and professional retraining of specialists in the field of physical culture, sport and sport management
- To develop and implement the regional quality system management for preschool, secondary and complementary PT and sport-oriented education for children (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tatarstan)
- To introduce new forms, means and levels of educational and consultative service in the second and complementary education system to satisfy the requirements of the region’s innovative development with the view to raise competitiveness of Academy’s graduates at the labour market.
- To develop the spectrum and quality of postgraduates programs
Priority 2. Integration of the Academy into the world educational-scientific, sport and cultural community
2.1. Education development on the basis of the Bologna Process principles
- To develop a two-layers system of the higher professional education
- To establish the magistrates on the key professional education directions at the University
- To introduce educational standards of the third generation
- To transfer to the competency-oriented educational process, to introduce new educational technologies, to reduce the number of lectures in educational plans and strengthen the self-education role for students educational activity.
- To develop the chain of experimental scientific-educational innovative centers with the view to involve students and aspirants in scientific researches and innovative projects
- To introduce the system of the education quality guarantee meeting international standards
- To introduce the points system
- To institute various participation forms for physical culture and sport societies, scientific and professional pedagogics societies with the view to realize the process of quality management in the Academy.
- To provide Academy’s students and stuff with the opportunities for the academic mobility
- To take the activity with the view to provide international recognition for Academy’s programs/to issue joint diplomas
To develop and realise of Academy’s educational service exporting models (to upgrade the legal and organization basis of the Academy with the view to realize educational and various expertise service export, to develop the range of educational and various professional services for the Commonwealth and abroad countries, to serve the needs of the governmental demand and contractual activities.
2.2. To enhance international relations in the field of physical culture and sport:
- To develop the system of scientific-research and sport ties with the help of permanent representative mission of the Republic of Tatarstan
- To establish FISU International Educational Center at the Academy
- To enhance sport cooperation with Russian and foreign sport-oriented institutions of higher professional education, sport centers, Ministries, governmental institutions and bodies, prganisations and companies.
- To attract investments for sport activity development, to introduce economical stimulation means to motivate coaching activity.
- To develop and realise the program of Academy’s participation in preparations and conducting of the 2013 Kazan Universiade. The program should foresee the means to strengthen physical culture and sport, technical and material facilities for Academy’s students – Universiade participants preparations towards the events and organising of trainings and practice during the Universiade, to educate sport specialized interpreters, social-cultural service and tourism specialists and guides; to establish a number of retraining and qualification upgrading for personnel, to meet the needs of the 2013 Universiade, in particular in the fields of foreign languages, local history and culture, and etc.
2.3. To develop scientific cooperation with Russian and foreign scientific centers
- To strengthen coordination for scientific researches in the Academy, particularly, in the part of establishing the data base collecting all data relating to themes and directions of the scientific-research activity of the branches, departments, centers, as well as students, aspirants, masters, doctors, tutors and etc.
- To provide favourable conditions for establishing new promising scientific companies, dealing with researches in the priority scientific fields in the best interest of development of physical culture, mass and top sport, education, region and country’s culture.
To develop new forms of integration for the institutional and academic science
- To optimise the balance and develop the scale of fundamental and applied scientific researches on the basis of priority development for fundamental and intersectoral researches.
- To develop scientific cooperation with Russian and foreign institutions of higher education and scietific centers, Ministries, organisations and companies of the region with the view to attract investments for scientific-research activity, establishing the scientific innovative structures joining Academy’s scientific and pedagogical potential with the top institutions opportunities, scientific-research bodies, sport clubs and sport federations.
- To establish a body, dealing with exploring of interregional and international cooperation at the FISU International Educational Center
- To stimulate activity in the field of regional and federal grants, stipends and contest programs (Russian Fund for Fundamental researches, Russian Humanitarian Scientific Fund, Programs of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and etc).
- To take part in the federal and international scientific projects, fundamental and applied scientific researches; to establish joint scientific centers, organisations; to stage large scale scientific-practical conferences, symposiums, seminars, Olympiads and another contests on Academy’s priority scientific research directions
-To attract investments for scientific research development, to introduce economical stimulating tools in the research activity, in particular, to establish Academy’s grants distribution system.
To concentrate resources on priority research directions;
- To establish Academy’s intellectual property bank and develop its management principals.
Priority 3. Realizing of technical, material, educational and other conditions for innovative development in the fields of sport, physical culture and tourism
3.1. To improve and upgrade the educational system for specialists in the field of physical culture
- To develop and implement in practice educational programs, covering all aspects of physical culture and sport, considering education process, based on up-to-date information technologies and therefore to provide study and methodological facilities to meet the needs of the educational process.
To strengthen physical culture components in humanitarian programs; to enrich the spectrum of specializations and directions, containing PT as an educational component.
- To develop and implement in the Academy’s practice the modern quality management system in the field of physical culture education.
- To upgrade Academy’s tutors and personnel qualification, those involved in educational programs (in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tatarstan, Ministry of Youth, Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Tatarstan).
- To update and develop technical and materical, software and equipment facilities of Academy’s departments, faculties, institutions and other structural bodies, those involved in educational programs.
- To develop the spectrum of specializations and directions of education in the field of sport and physical culture and improve their study and methodological, technical and material facilities; to assist graduates to find jobs with the view to preserve them in the spheres of education, physical culture and sport.
- To develop the spectrum of specializations and directions of education with the view to train specialists, capable of working abroad on the basis of programs meeting modern international standards.
- To establish electronic and material libraries, comprising scientific, study, methodological, manual, handbook and periodic specialised literature in the field of physical culture, sport and tourism.
3.2. To organise scientific researches in the field of physical culture and sport:
- To provide all-round support for scientific schools and arranging favorable conditions for discovering new perspectives for scientific groups, dealing with researches in the field of physical culture and sport; to develop and realize financing of scientific researches in the field of sport.
- To develop post graduate courses and doctorate courses, establishing new core specializations in this field.
- To establish dissertation councils on the core scientific directions, to promote activity of the dissertation councils we have in place with the view to assist realising medical-biological and psycho-pedagogical researches in the field of physical culture and sport.
- To establish an institution in charge of fundamental researches in the field physical culture development in the context of health-promoting, recreational and etc, methodological problems of children, junior, students, mass and top sport, and sport training in priority sports.
- To conduct regularly scientific-practical conferences, symposiums, seminars, workshops, contests, Olympiads on physical culture and sport problems.
- To stage joint scientific projects in collaboration with scientific centers, educational, physical culture and sport centers in Russian and abroad; to involve scientific-pedagogical qualified stuff from educational and scientific institutions, located in the Republic of Tatarstan and the Russian Federation, to perform joint researches programs and introduce PT and sport projects.
To issue a specialised magazine on physical culture and sport.
3.3. To meet the people’s demand for physical culture an sport
- To develop and realise long-term programs to promote values of sport and physical culture among school children and students.
-To take part in organisation and conducting of local, regional, all-Russian and international events (festivals, shows, contests and etc);
To involve students and Academy’s stuff in media and social activities with the view to promote healthy lifestyle and sport
- To establish the chain of available information, sport-recreational and sport-oriented hobby services for citizens (students are the key priority in this respect).
Consecutive realisation of the priorities described will enter Academy into the leading circle of Russian institutions of higher professional education in the field of scientific and practical innovative activity, specialised on sports and physical culture.